Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sh!t Just Got Real (aka SSC Project Updates)

Here's some more artwork for my current project, again loosely titled "The Quest". I wanted to share the prelim sketch and final inked version of page two. Take a closer look (click on each image) and please feel free to let me know what you think!



And to satisfy any further curiosity. . . here's the page script that I originally sent to the artist. Again, it's a "work in progress". I'm particularly bad at overwriting dialogue. Once the final work is completed in its entirety I will try to really trim down all the excess yapping. . .

Page 2 (4 equally sized horizontal panels?)
Panel 1: Here we see the night sky with four streaking flares speeding towards earth. There are three clumped together and then one spaced further back. They are all moving in a straight line and in the same direction across the sky.
    Cap: It all began on a Monday. At least that’s the day that makes the most sense for it to have begun. From what I remember. That was the day. . . the night. . . they came.
Panel 2: Viky is hunched over her desk working hard. She’s seated in a office cubicle with a laptop open and a desk lamp illuminating her workspace. Otherwise it’s pretty dark around her.
    Cap: I was working late. I had a presentation to give. This one was going to be for the Foreign Minister. I remember that. Except he wasn’t coming to Washington. I was taking the shuttle to JFK the next day. Early in the morning. I remember that too.
Panel 3: Viky standing in front of an office elevator. We see her from the back, looking up at the numbers of the elevator floors indicated overhead. One arm is full with papers and the other carries a briefcase. Over one shoulder is a pocket book bag.
    Cap: That was my job. Travel often. Rarely home. I was a Media Officer for the State Department. It was a good job.
Panel 4: Here we see Viky walking out the main entrance of the Ronald Reagan building. It’s raining and she now carries an umbrella. She’s striding forward but hunched over as she protects her papers from the win and rain. She’s masterfully balancing the pocket bag, the papers, her briefcase and umbrella.
    Viky: What a miserable night.
    Cap: That job. . . and my family. . . was my life. And life was good.
    Cap: Not great. . . but we had fun. . . didn’t we? Well I was doing the best I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment