Friday, August 3, 2012

Note to Self: Delete Photo References

I love photo references. I use them all the time. But sometimes, the stalwart old Google Image search just won't do. And when almighty Google fails to turn up decent results for, "guy getting hit in the face," I am forced to improvise. Usually this means utilizing a mirror, a camera phone, and a lack of shame.

This is all fine and good, and these panels are typically better than the ones where I rely on guesswork and, you know, artistic intuition. My problem stems from the fact that I always forget to delete these references off my phone when I am done using them. Invariably, when I get back from some vacation and people ask to see my photos, interspersed with pictures of College Fjord, Glacier Bay, and Denali national park, without fail there's some picture of me, holding a stuffed animal like a small child, or balancing on one leg trying to mimic the Superman pose.
Granted, these are far from the worst images someone has ever unwittingly stumbled upon whilst looking through someone's camera phone pictures. Even so, I'm getting tired of explaining pictures like this to my friends and colleagues:





Sigh. At least I was wearing a shirt in that one.


Happy Friday, and keep drawing, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next..
    funny pic images

    ReplyDelete