Sunday, August 5, 2012

So I saw. . .

Total Recall

And it was good. Well it was pretty good. At least Kate Beckinsale was good. She basically owned Total Recall. Kate, and some pretty spectacular special effects, is why you should see this movie.


There was also some guy name Colin Farell in it. He was. . .hmmh. . . OK. You could say his performance was on par with Arnie's in the original Total Recall. You know I'm not sure why I put that link in there. It's not like Amazon is going to pay us any money if you click on it and actually buy the DVD. It's late as I write this (1:49am to be exact) and it just seemed like the "right" thing to do. By that I mean I see a lot of other blogs with links to AMZN and so I thought I should do that too. But I digress, let me say it clearly wasn't Colin's finest hour. Or should I say 'finest run time of 2hr 1min'? He was serviceable though.

SO we have the good (Kate), the OK (Colin) and then there's the bad. Sorry Jessica, but that's you. I didn't think you were paying attention to your acting coaches on 7th Heaven and you certainly haven't improved much since then. (Watch Kate in 2002's Laurel Canyon after you see Total Recall and try to tell me the lady can't act.) But I'm not a critic. I'm just a bloke who paid $12 to see a movie. I'm not here to tell you how stale JB's performance was. Or how unimpressed I was with every minute of her screen time. Or that I actually cringed as I watched her plead (over-dramatically) at Colin's not-yet-dead-but-maybe-he-is-dead-but-the-audience-knows-hes-not-dead body near the end. Sorry JB, but I blame you for the suspension of my suspension of disbelief.
Well, at least we'll always have Summer Catch.. .

(To be honest I'd rather watch three of the four Underworld movies any day of the week. Kate in a shiny black pleather body suit trumps all.;-)


2 comments:


  1. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next..
    funny images pics

    ReplyDelete